761 S. Laurel Road
London, KY 40744
- 0.5 mile
- 30 mins
- April to October
Three Sisters Rock Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail. It is an easy walk with several rest benches. An overlook provides a view of Three Sisters Rock, a prominent bluff on the opposite side of the lake.During the summer swimmers may be seen diving from the cliffs. THIS ACTIVITY IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND HAS RESULTED IN SEVERAL DEATHS AND SERIOUS INJURIES. Fluctuating lake levels make it difficult to determine the depth of submerged rocks and ledges. Swimmers can enjoy a safer swim at the developed swimming area located at Laurel River Dam.
- Parking: 30 cars at parking area
- USGS Quads: Corbin and Vox
- Connections: A short connecting trail leads to a restroom and observation platform. Spur trails lead to picnic tables.
- County: Laurel
- Restrictions; Closed to motorized vehicles and horses
Rules & Regulations
- Do not camp within 300 feet of the waters’ edge except at designated camping sites.
- Do not camp within 300 feet of any road or trail leading to the waters’ edge except at designated camping sites.
- Do not swim or recreate within 100 feet of any boat launching or courtesy boat dock.
- Do not fish from any boat ramp or courtesy dock.
- Do not possess or operate a motorboat or other watercraft within an area designated “NO BOATS.”
- Do not operate any watercraft in excess of idle speed in areas posted “NO WAKE” or “IDLE SPEED.”
- Do not water ski or sled within areas designated as “NO SKIING” or “NO SLEDDING.”
- Do not water ski after sundown or before sunrise.
- Do not store or leave watercraft unattended overnight at a location not designated for overnight boat storage.
- Do not launch a motor boat at a site not designated for boat launching.
- Do not use steel drums or barrels as floating devices for powerboats.
- Do not possess or operate a motorboat equipped with conventional plumbing without a sealed sewage holding system or tank.